Saturday, April 24, 2010

Aunt Lou visits Madrid!

So as soon as I get back from my crazy Spring Break travels, you think it'd be time to relax, right? Nope, not so much. The day after I got back to Madrid, my Aunt Lou arrived. She, a math teacher at a high school, was a chaperone for a school trip that came to Paris, Barcelona, and Madrid over an 8-day period. Quick, yeah I know. But as part of that, she got to spend a day and a half here in Madrid. I was so excited to have another family member come and visit, and was able to get the time off of work to hang out with her the whole day and a half.
Luckily, the weather here in Madrid was perfect. We were able to walk all around the city, see Fat Spiderman in Plaza Mayor, see the changing of the guards at the Palacio Real, and even rent row boats in Retiro. She also got to see my apartment, which she realized was actually as small as I said it was. It was such a nice time, and I was so glad for her to be here and visit me. I think her students, all 4 of them from her group, really enjoyed their time in Europe.
Us on the rowboats in Retiro, waving to the camera (like my aunt always does in photos).
Watching the Changing of the Guards at the Royal Palace.
But since she was here for such a short time, she's now just going to have to make her way back for a longer visit!
And to end, a great picture of my aunt posing with Fat Spidey.

No comments:

Post a Comment