Monday, June 7, 2010

Back to the beach

To continue my long string of travels, the next Friday morning I took off to Mallorca, a small island in the Belearic Island chain in the Mediterranean. I flew in with Katarina, Becca’s Austrian roommate in Madrid, and Becca joined us later that night. When we got to Palma, the largest city on the island, we spent the day leisurely exploring the coastal town. We saw the famous cathedral and fortress and walked all around the city.

In the city of Palma for the day.

When Becca got there that night, a German guy named Ulf picked the three of us up in Palma and drove us up to the north of the island to his hostel in the city of Alcudia. Alcudia was much more of a beach town, and definitely a tourist town. There were German and British people, culture, and restaurants everywhere. But the beach was nice, and this is basically all we did there. I didn’t have to work on Monday, so I stayed a day longer than Katarina and Becca. This is where I spent my time until Monday night, when I took a bus back to Palma to fly out.

Becca and Katarina riding in an Alcudia boat.

Jumping on the beach in Alcudia.

Three full days on the beach is exactly what I needed. The weather was perfect, the water was clear and so nice, and I was able to sneak into a beachside resort and set up shop by their pool. It was such a relaxing and great weekend to work on getting my tan back.

Sunset in Alcudia.

Yes, they sold ham and a bike as a combo.


No comments:

Post a Comment