Thursday, October 22, 2009

October fun

These past two weeks have been spent within the autonomy of Madrid, but that does not mean that they have been boring in the least bit. They have been full of movies, tutoring outside of class, ad an amazing hiking trip.
Last Friday, I was able to see a friend from home here in Madrid. Jojo Sorrell was here in Madrid with a friend who's working with her in Peru. I was able to meet up with her and her friend for a couple of hours in Retiro Park and walk around the city. It was nice to see someone from home, and it made me look forward to when my friend Jordan comes for 2 weeks in December.
Jojo came to Madrid! Us in Retiro.
Then last Saturday Becca, Vicki, and I woke up nice and early and took a day trip to a small town called Cercedilla. This town is only an hour from Madrid by train, and a great place to go hiking. We got there pretty early and it was still cold, but we decided to take a trail up to a point called El Mirador (The Lookout). The lookout was exactly as it sounded, and made for a great spot for a picnic lunch and a siesta. It was completely sunny that day, and a great day for a hike. It was nice to know that only an hour from the city, you can find a peaceful and relaxing place.
Me, Vicki, and Becca on our hike in Cercedilla.
My view for our nice siesta and picnic.
I won't bore you with the minor details of my life here in Madrid from the rest of the past two weeks. But believe me, they were pretty exciting. They do include only going to 4 classes this past week, making my supposed 16-hour work week only about 5. Just gives me more time to enjoy Spain through food and siestas!
I got my first package from my parents at home, full of all kinds of great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment